The UK media has reported that a record number of Brits are favouring the ‘staycation’ over a trip abroad this year. This is for a number of reasons (which you can read more about here). If you are one of the staycationners, here are my top 5 tips for making the most of a holiday in your home country.
1. Stock up on beach reads at your local library.
Whether you enjoy literary classics or a suitcase full of Chic lit, you can source enough reading material to sustain you for the entire summer. And all for free.
2. Take advantage of the miniature toiletries in the chemists.
The summer season is a great time to treat yourself to some new beauty products as buying them in travel size means they are a fraction of the price. I bought the Champneys body scrub for just £2.50 for example.
3. Treat yourself to a manicure/pedicure.
Polished hands and toes in vibrant colours are a great way to get into the summer holiday mood. Also hopefully you won’t be doing any chores around the house whilst on your staycation (or less of them anyway!)
4. Scour the internet or trip advisor to find a new place to visit in your home county.
5. Make a summer wish list of activities or projects you hope to complete over the summer months.
A staycation is a great opportunity to indulge in your favourite hobbies, especially if you are at home. You can’t very well pack a sewing machine into a carry on case for example now can you?!